Submissions for Issue Eight are now open! Please note that while we accept submissions year round, we do not respond until after the current period closes. The submission period for Issue Eight closes on July 31, 2024.
We’re thrilled you want to submit to Bluff & Vine! Here are some guidelines to follow.
- For Issue Eight, we are exclusively interested in submissions that explore the creepy, spine–tingling, the mysterious, and the macabre. See this post for details.
- All submissions must have some kind of connection to the Finger Lakes area of New York State.
- Fiction and nonfiction submissions must be 5,000 words or less. If you have a longer piece that you’d like to be considered, please send a query letter first.
- If submitting poetry, you may submit up to 5 poems at one time.
- Submissions are accepted through email only, at email@example.com.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, as long as they are identified as such. Please notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- We do not reprint previously published work.
** PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept photography or artwork to go with written submissions. We only accept artwork for consideration for the cover.**
We encourage you to include a short cover letter with your submission. We’d love to know about your previous publications, if any, as well as a little about your connection to the Finger Lakes. If your work is selected to be included in Bluff & Vine, we’ll also need a short bio of 50 words or less.
Please make your submission easy to read. For prose submissions, double space your document and number your pages. We only accept submissions in .doc, .docx, .rtf, and .pages formats. Please include your name, address, and contact information on the first page of your submission.
Note that if your work is selected for publication, you retain all rights, but we ask that you not publish it elsewhere for six months from our publication date. We also ask that you credit Bluff & Vine as having first published your work.
We look forward to reading your work!