We’re thrilled you want to submit to Bluff & Vine! Here are some guidelines to follow.
- Submissions are accepted from April1 through August 1, 2018. Submissions submitted outside of our reading period will not be considered for publication.
- All submissions must have some kind of connection to Yates County, Keuka Lake, Seneca Lake, and the surrounding area.
- Fiction and nonfiction submissions must be 5,000 words or less. If you have a longer piece that you’d like to be considered, please send a query letter first.
- If submitting poetry, you may submit up to 5 poems at one time.
- Submissions are accepted through email only, at email@example.com.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, as long as they are identified as such. Please notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. We do not reprint previously published work.
We encourage you to include a short cover letter with your submission. We’d love to know about your previous publications, if any, as well as a little about your connection to the area. If your work is selected to be included in Bluff & Vine, we’ll need a short bio of 50 words or less.
We’re not picky about formatting, but please make your submission easy to read. Double spacing and numbered pages are appreciated. We accept submissions in .doc, .docx, .rtf, and .pdf formats. Please include your name and contact information on the first page of your submission.
We look forward to reading your work!